Elder Benjamin Archer

Elder Benjamin Xavier Archer
Benin Cotonou Mission
Quartier Cadjehoun #1158
Block F
01 BP 3323 Cotonou
Benin
Email: benjamin.archer@myldsmail.net

Monday, May 18, 2015

Unfriendly caterpillars :(

Hello everyone,
Well, today the eighteenth of May is officially my eighth month in the
mission. I am still in my first area and there is a great possibility
that I will be transferred at the end of the month :( I am thinking
that it will be a bitter-sweet experience. Somehow I ended up in the
apartment with the two American assistants and my Tahitian companion
who is pretty much like an American too. Fun times.

My companion was attacked by one of those caterpillars the other day.
He woke up with a huge rash on his shoulder. The caterpillars are not
friendly.

Here's a nice spiritual experience. The Relief Society president lives
with her mother, children and a sister. We spent one Monday at their
home for a family home evening and it was very special. We laughed and
visited and there was a good spirit there. After that time, we began
teaching the sister. She doesn't speak French very well so we visit
her with a member to translate Fon into French.

An interesting detail is that Sister Idah's (the Relief Society
president) mother is actually a voodoo/idol practitioner/worshipper
person, which is kind of creepy but she is nice to us. A couple of
days ago, we visited Sister Idah and she had told us that as she knelt
down one night to pray, her sister came over and knelt down next to
her to join her. It was the first time that she had seen her sister
pray. The next Sunday her sister was at church. She is very receptive
to what we teach and I feel that she is one of those who has been
prepared to hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I'll have to call Elder
Teihotu to see how it goes if I get transferred.

Have a nice day!
Elder Archer

No comments:

Post a Comment