Elder Benjamin Archer

Elder Benjamin Xavier Archer
Benin Cotonou Mission
Quartier Cadjehoun #1158
Block F
01 BP 3323 Cotonou
Benin
Email: benjamin.archer@myldsmail.net

Monday, October 12, 2015

A Petite Message

Sorry again for the delay, a lot has happened since last time.
So transfer-call Saturday came along and the only change in our district (apartment) was Elder Atherton leaving to a place called Kélégougan where the Togo assistants live. The change would take place on the following Tuesday. Unfortunately, and to my somewhat great surprise, an emergency transfer took place the following day changing the zone leader (my companion) and I now work with Elder Jackson from Indianapolis Indiana. So far he has only worked in Togo. He began one transfer before me. We get along well and work hard.
School started on the 28th of September, which calls for lots of adaptation on our part schedule-wise. During investigator class last week, our ward mission leader was teaching about work and personal responsibility. He asked the class an interesting question: "if someone doesn't work, can they rest?" I thought about this question a lot and I realized that rest isn't really rest unless we've worked, otherwise we're just in an idle limbo state of nothingness mode. (pre-mission experience). Don't do that. I've realized that my walking past certain people in the neighborhood and saying hello was more work than they have done all day. Let's just say that some people are addicted to sitting/laying on a bench in front of their house.
There's a little bit of this week. I promise I will a little more next time.
Au revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment